Surface and Atmosphere
- Saturn is a gas giant planet. It has a rocky core. The rocky core has a radius about three times the radius of Earth. Above the core there is a liquid hydrogen metallic layer. Above that layer there is a molecular hydrogen layer.
Saturn's Atmosphere and Weather
- The planet’s atmosphere is made up of 97 % hydrogen and 3% helium.
- Saturn's temperature is an average of minus 288 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 178 degrees Celsius)
- Saturn has extremely high velocity winds on its atmosphere.
- The wind speed on Saturn is measured as high as 188 miles/hr.
- "Saturn Facts." Nine Planets. Nine Planets, n.d. Web. 02 May 2017. <http://nineplanets.org/saturn.html>.
- "SATURN." SATURN - ENCHANTED LEARNING SOFTWARE. EnchantedLearning.com, n.d. Web. 02 May 2017. <http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/planets/saturn/>.